Thursday, October 27, 2011

Droid Incredible Gingerbread Still On?

HTC and Verizon had stated that the Incredible would be receiving Gingerbread in September 2011, so how is it that October is almost over and some users are still reporting no update?
I contacted an HTC rep and asked them what's going on.  A lot of users, me included were hoping to have the update to make our devices a little more up to speed.   The rep had this to say:


"I understand you would like your device to be updated to Android 2.3 (Gingerbread). I know how important it is for your device to be up-to-date and I will be happy to provide you with some additional information. 

As far as I know, the Incredible update is still being pushed out. If Verizon says otherwise, Verizon may have pulled the update and not informed HTC. You may want to contact Verizon for more information about the update."

So, I will be contacting Verizon to see if any more information is available.  Incredible users who have yet to receive the update keep your fingers crossed.

No comments:

Post a Comment